Saturday, July 2, 2011

In Debate.

So.
Time to ask my parents for my first legit designer bag.
The dilemma lies between a Chanel 2.55 and the Balenciaga Arena Giant City. Both are gorgeous and would complement my wardrobe beautifully. The 2.55 is so classic...yet the Arena City is so edgy-chic (for lack of better terms, my apologies). Arghh!! But the thing with the 2.55 is Chanel keeps raising the damn price every year. The last time I checked the bag retailed for around $2000 but I check this summer and it's nearly $3,500... Unacceptable! How much will it have raised by the time I'm a junior in college?!
But then again, does a nineteen year old really need a Chanel 2.55 at this stage in her life? The Balenciaga does scream young and rebellious. Ugh and I can't get enough of the metal hardware embellishing the wrinkled lambskin...

The Arena Giant seems more acceptable for a college sophomore, yes?

Anyways, in regards to some new summer goals~!

1. Read every single article, short story, novel Murakami has written. I suppose The Year of Spaghetti's two page length all the more emphasizes the precision with which I should analyze its prose.
2. Read more essays...you know.. become knowledgeable somewhat... ughh my serious lack of eloquence and critical thinking skills repulse me. How can I call myself a college student?! Shake my head.
3. Stay up to date on current events. Read/analyze more New Yorker and NYT articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment